“Unity and Freedom”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Minsk-Siberia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairman Alansander Samsa with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.421 billion Minsk-Siberians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hrdona. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, the government has the power to seize property at will, all news sources are under strict government control, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Minsk-Siberia's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Agnosticism, and its currency is the ruble.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Minsk-Siberia was refounded in Balder.
- 193 days ago: Minsk-Siberia ceased to exist.
- 197 days ago: Minsk-Siberia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 198 days ago: Minsk-Siberia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 207 days ago: Minsk-Siberia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 207 days ago: Minsk-Siberia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 209 days ago: Minsk-Siberia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 225 days ago: Minsk-Siberia lodged a message on the United Republic of Nations Regional Message Board.
- 225 days ago: Following new legislation in Minsk-Siberia, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 226 days ago: Minsk-Siberia applied to join the World Assembly.