“Live and Let Live”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Federal Republic of Minama is a massive, devout nation, ruled by President Lauer with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.044 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Minama City. The average income tax rate is 45%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Automobile Manufacturing.
Cougar is one of the most popular forenames in Minama, surveillance cameras are banned, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, and immigrant herding has become a national pastime. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Minama's national animal is the Cougar, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Eastern Orthodoxy, and its currency is the Probul.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Minama endorsed The Republic of Gypsy vixens.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Minama endorsed The Blue and Green GRO of Anime Daisuki.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, Cougar is one of the most popular forenames in Minama.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Minama, innocent defendants often plea guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Minama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Minama voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
Endorsements Received: 21 (Edgemaster, Dustwind, Solleana, Eat_aly, Gitchie Manito, Lubnid, The Republic of Michigan, Republic of VEW, Cammiwoo, Woonsocket, Glaciacium, Glaciem, Spadanera, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, The Laurentian Islands, EmpireOfRisingSun, Venerus, Pacific Commonwealth, Ayunli, Anime Daisuki, Gypsy vixens)