The Federation of Mimes Guild is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 27.122 billion Mimes Guildians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The large but stagnant Mimes Guildian economy, worth 413 trillion Octopus cards a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 15,236 Octopus cards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Bris parties are all the rage, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, loans are available for students from poor families, and the police insist that racism does not exist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mimes Guild's national animal is the opossum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Mimes Guild, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Mimes Guild's influence in Texas fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mimes Guild was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Mimes Guild voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing Animal Abuse".
- : Following new legislation in Mimes Guild, loans are available for students from poor families.
- : Mimes Guild endorsed The Galactic Empire of South Aztlan.
- : Mimes Guild's influence in Texas rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".