The Federation of Mimes Guild is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 26.134 billion Mimes Guildians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The large but stagnant Mimes Guildian economy, worth 398 trillion Octopus cards a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 15,248 Octopus cards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mimes Guild's national animal is the opossum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mimes Guild, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun.
- : Mimes Guild was endorsed by The Federation of Amandil.
- : Mimes Guild's influence in Texas fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Mimes Guild was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Mimes Guild's influence in Texas rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Mimes Guild, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : Mimes Guild fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- : Mimes Guild was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.