“A movement does not cease.”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Thanks for the Fish of Milograd is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Chairman with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.14 billion Milogradians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Argyz. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.
Suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, the recent ban on computers is causing havoc throughout the nation, and suicide victims often leave behind cash to cover the cost of their fines. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Milograd's national animal is the Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is various faiths, and its currency is the Chek.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 9 hours ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 4 days ago: Milograd fell out of the world Top 5% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 9 days ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 14 days ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Milograd was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 17 days ago: Milograd was endorsed by The Time Heist of Unibot III.
- 18 days ago: Milograd relocated from The South Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- 18 days ago: Milograd was ejected and banned from The South Pacific by The Delegado do Pacífico Sul of Kringalia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Unibot III.