“i luv saves the day!!!11!1111!”
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: Hippy Haven
The Federation of Mikaclysm is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 21.007 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mikaclysm City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
Max Barry is this year's Miss Mikaclysm, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, cars are banned from built-up areas, and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime is totally unknown. Mikaclysm's national animal is the stripper, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the centurion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 5 days ago: Mikaclysm was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Anarchy".
- 13 days ago: Mikaclysm was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: #1).
- 13 days ago: Mikaclysm was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Mikaclysm, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
- 17 days ago: Mikaclysm was endorsed by The Free Land of The Nation of Orpheus.
- 19 days ago: Mikaclysm was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: #1).
- 31 days ago: Mikaclysm was endorsed by The Socialist Pessimists of Hellawi.
- 33 days ago: Mikaclysm was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 37 days ago: Following new legislation in Mikaclysm, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- 37 days ago: Mikaclysm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).