The Constitutional Monarchy of Mhore is a massive, genial nation, ruled by HM THE KING with an even hand, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, parental licensing program, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 4.373 billion Mhoreans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mhore imperial City. The average income tax rate is 95.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Mhorean economy, worth 467 trillion do a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 106,917 do, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, and whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Mhorean Embarrassments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mhore's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mhore's influence in India rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mhore's influence in India rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mhore's influence in India rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Mhore's influence in India rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Mhore altered its national flag.
- : Mhore relocated from Lazarus to India.
- : Mhore's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mhore's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Mhore was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Mhore ceased to exist.