The People's Republic of Metal People is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, compulsory vegetarianism, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.379 billion Metal Peopleans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metal People City. The average income tax rate is 84.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Metal Peoplean economy, worth a remarkable 1,216 trillion pieces of metal a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an impressive 129,676 pieces of metal, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, Metal People City is a police state during international summits, and the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive. Metal People's national animal is the animal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Metal People was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Metal People fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Metal People was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Metal People was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Metal People fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Metal People fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Metal People was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Metal People fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Metal People was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Metal People fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.