The Byzantine Empire of Messeg is a gargantuan, orderly nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, enslaved workforce, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 16.838 billion Messegians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Industry, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The powerhouse Messegian economy, worth a remarkable 1,267 trillion soliduses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling. Average income is 75,287 soliduses, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 430,490 per year while the poor average 6,367, a ratio of 67.6 to 1.
The workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. Messeg's national animal is the bicephalus eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 6 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 10 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 29 days ago: Messeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 43 days ago: Messeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 47 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 64 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 70 days ago: Messeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 85 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 97 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.