“Run for your life !!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Eastern Roman Empire
The Byzantine Empire of Messeg is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.546 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, pro-business government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Woodchip Exports.
The workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive. Messeg's national animal is the bicephalus eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the solidus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 42 days ago
- 6 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 29 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 42 days ago: Messeg relocated from The Last Kingdom to Eastern Roman Empire.
- 42 days ago: Messeg password-protected The Last Kingdom.
- 55 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 66 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 93 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 131 days ago: Messeg instituted Lockdown Zombie Border Control in The Last Kingdom.
- 139 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 157 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.