“Run for your life !!”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Last Kingdom
The Byzantine Empire of Messeg is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14.031 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, pro-business government concentrates mainly on Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are on the agenda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Woodchip Exports.
The workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, the government's new 'Crime Can Fight Itself' policy appears to be backfiring rather badly, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive. Messeg's national animal is the bicephalus eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the solidus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 43 days ago
- 6 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 43 days ago: Messeg instituted Lockdown Zombie Border Control in The Last Kingdom.
- 52 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 70 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 109 days ago: Messeg ejected and banned Hibenia minycor from The Last Kingdom.
- 109 days ago: Messeg ejected and banned The Colony of Trentieland from The Last Kingdom.
- 112 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 221 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Avoided.
- 256 days ago: Messeg fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 268 days ago: Messeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.