The Authoritarian Anarchism of Mesahnar is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Shedao with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, triple-decker prams, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.776 billion Mesahnar are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Defense, although Education, Environment, and Spirituality are also considered important, while Law & Order is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rahnasem. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The very strong Mesahnar economy, worth a remarkable 1,234 trillion kakes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Information Technology and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 140,620 kakes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed, every workday begins with group therapy, and the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Mesahnar's national animal is the skype, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Varulven.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mesahnar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Mesahnar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Mesahnar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Mesahnar's influence in Community of Independent Nations fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Mesahnar's influence in Community of Independent Nations rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Dominator".
- : Mesahnar relocated from Balder to Community of Independent Nations.
- : Mesahnar was refounded in Balder.
- : Mesahnar ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Mesahnar, the citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass.
- : Following new legislation in Mesahnar, every workday begins with group therapy.