The Democratic Republic of Merodin is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Artanis Sylvari with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.146 billion Merodinians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellesmera. The average income tax rate is 97.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Merodinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,995 trillion Silver Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 196,713 Silver Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Ellesmera for fear of causing a fuss, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Merodin's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Merodin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Merodin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens, Largest Publishing Industry, and Most Advanced Public Education, the Top 5% for Most Advanced Public Transport, and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Merodin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Merodin altered its national flag.
- : Merodin was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Merodin ceased to exist.
- : Merodin's influence in The Sylvan Squad fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Merodin's influence in The Sylvan Squad rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Merodin's influence in The Sylvan Squad rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Merodin's influence in The Sylvan Squad rose from "Page" to "Squire".