“Cats are just, like, so fetch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Clowder of Meowfoundland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Catriona Catilda Macatamia with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.916 billion Meowfoundlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katzdorf. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Meowfoundland's national animal is the blue-green cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the meow.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Meowfoundland was refounded in Balder.
- 177 days ago: Meowfoundland ceased to exist.
- 178 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 186 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 186 days ago: Meowfoundland's influence in Slavia fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 190 days ago: Meowfoundland's influence in Slavia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 191 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 194 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 194 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.