“Cats are just, like, so fetch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Clowder of Meowfoundland is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Catriona Catilda Macatamia with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.262 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katzdorf. The average income tax rate is 78%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Meowfoundland's national animal is the blue-green cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the meow.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Meowfoundland altered its national flag.
- 7 days ago: Meowfoundland was refounded in Osiris.
- 100 days ago: Meowfoundland ceased to exist.
- 102 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 112 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 116 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 123 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 128 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 133 days ago: Meowfoundland altered its national flag.