The Clowder of Meowfoundland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Catriona Catilda Macatamia with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.881 billion Meowfies have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Education, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katzdorf. The average income tax rate is 51.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Meowfoundlandian economy, worth 108 trillion meows a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 12,249 meows, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meowfoundland's national animal is the blue-green cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 11 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 53 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 55 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 85 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 98 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 100 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 118 days ago: Meowfoundland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 127 days ago: Meowfoundland changed its national demonym to "Meowfie".
- 127 days ago: Meowfoundland altered its national flag.