“Cats are just, like, so fetch”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Clowder of Meowfoundland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Catriona Catilda Macatamia with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.133 billion Meowfies have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katzdorf. The average income tax rate is 79%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the police have been swamped with requests to stay up past bedtime, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Meowfoundland's national animal is the blue-green cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the meow.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Meowfoundland changed its national demonym to "Meowfie".
- 8 hours ago: Meowfoundland altered its national flag.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 15 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 24 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 27 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 32 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 1%).
- 32 days ago: Meowfoundland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.