The Balearic Island of Menorca is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, cynical population of 9.336 billion Menorcans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maˇ. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The powerhouse Menorcan economy, worth 324 trillion Florins a year, is highly specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,714 Florins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 131,209 per year while the poor average 6,390, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Menorca has designated Maˇ as its capital city, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Menorca's national animal is the fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Menorca fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- : Menorca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Menorca's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Truckler".
- : Menorca relocated from Lazarus to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : Menorca was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Menorca ceased to exist.
- : Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.