The Balearic Island of Menorca is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, complete lack of public education, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, cynical population of 7.578 billion Menorcans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maˇ. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.7%.
The powerhouse Menorcan economy, worth 263 trillion Florins a year, is highly specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,714 Florins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 131,209 per year while the poor average 6,390, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Menorca has designated Maˇ as its capital city, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Menorca's national animal is the fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 36 days ago: Menorca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 55 days ago: Menorca's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Truckler".
- 56 days ago: Menorca relocated from Lazarus to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- 56 days ago: Menorca was refounded in Lazarus.
- 56 days ago: Menorca ceased to exist.
- 65 days ago: Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 65 days ago: Menorca was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 109 days ago: Menorca fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 138 days ago: Menorca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 298 days ago: Menorca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.