The Republic of Melitae is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Marcus Tullius Cicero with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.973 billion Melitaeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Concordia Sagittaria. The average income tax rate is 37.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Melitaean economy, worth 226 trillion Denarii a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,934 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Waste is frequently shipped to other countries, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, and Lion is one of the most popular forenames in Melitae. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Melitae's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Melitae was endorsed by The Newly Elected Pharaoh of Trick Shot.
- : Melitae was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Narianya.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, Lion is one of the most popular forenames in Melitae.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Melitae fell out of the world Top 1% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Melitae fell out of the regional Top 1% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Melitae, a crusade against barbaric religious practices has begun.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Ikand, Jash7, Imperialistic States of Howa, Revert, The Almighty Jesus Whale, Saq, Jakker Loves Rawr, Vexos, Egypt II, Elysium Of Heroes, Kajan, Ontaristan, Narianya, and Trick Shot.