“Peace and Serenity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Queen's Holy Blue Zombies of Meldrum is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Governor with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.628 billion Meldrumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 55%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Information Technology.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, discarded pennies litter the streets, none has been named as Meldrum's national religion, and all tariffs have been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meldrum's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 10 days ago: Meldrum changed its national faith to "none".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Meldrum, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Meldrum, none has been named as Meldrum's national religion.
- 15 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 41 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Meldrum, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- 44 days ago: Meldrum changed its national nation type to "Queen's Holy Blue Zombies".
- 51 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 1%).