“Peace and Serenity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Queen's State of Meldrum is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Governor with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.233 billion Meldrumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Basket Weaving.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, Meldrum is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meldrum's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 12 days ago: Meldrum changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 27 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 40 days ago: Meldrum changed its national animal to "deer".
- 40 days ago: Meldrum altered its national flag.
- 41 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 58 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 59 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 59 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.