“Peace and Serenity”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Holy Blue Dead Zombies of Meldrum is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Governor with an even hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 21.628 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although the Environment and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Basket Weaving.
Graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, Meldrum is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meldrum's national animal is the buffalo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 16 days ago: Meldrum donated ฿ 1.000 ByteCoin to The Court of Royal House of Windsor.
- 29 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 30 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Meldrum, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 33 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.
- 38 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 41 days ago: Meldrum fell out of the regional Top 5% for Safest.
- 42 days ago: Meldrum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 49 days ago: Meldrum changed its national nation type to "Holy Blue Dead Zombies".