The Reborn Hegemony of Mekanta is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Kareh math Izakto with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 21.52 billion Mekantans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khiikoza. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Mekantan economy, worth a remarkable 3,280 trillion production credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 152,444 production credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,172,242 per year while the poor average 5,308, a ratio of 220 to 1.
Rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, and emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mekanta's national animal is the simulant drone, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mekantan Dominionism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 7 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 16 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 18 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 21 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 24 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- 28 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 52 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the regional Top 5% for Nudest.
- 67 days ago: Following new legislation in Mekanta, emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage.