The Reborn Hegemony of Mekanta is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Kareh math Izakto with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 22.766 billion Mekantans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khiikoza. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Mekantan economy, worth a remarkable 3,471 trillion production credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 152,468 production credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,214,304 per year while the poor average 4,551, a ratio of 266 to 1.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage, and prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mekanta's national animal is the simulant drone, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mekantan Dominionism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Mekanta fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Mekanta fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Mekanta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- : Mekanta fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Mekanta, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes.
- : Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mekanta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.