The Reborn Hegemony of Mekanta is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Kareh math Izakto with an iron fist, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 21.789 billion Mekantans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khiikoza. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Mekantan economy, worth a remarkable 3,322 trillion production credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 152,468 production credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,214,304 per year while the poor average 4,551, a ratio of 266 to 1.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, emigration to countries with labor laws is all the rage, and prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mekanta's national animal is the simulant drone, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mekantan Dominionism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Mekanta, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes.
- 41 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 45 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 54 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 60 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 63 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 65 days ago: Mekanta fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 68 days ago: Mekanta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).