“To-akete Mori Mote”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Glorious Empire of Meitore is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Tao-Teke III with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed population of 3.261 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tosheke. The average income tax rate is 88%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food", and Meitore's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meitore's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Kento, and its currency is the Mei.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Meitore fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Meitore, Meitore's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio.
- 18 days ago: Meitore voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Krulltopia".
- 35 days ago: Meitore was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).