The Floral Collar of Meganium is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 7.736 billion Meganiumians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Bark Town. The average income tax rate is 68.4%.
The large but inefficient Meganiumian economy, worth 194 trillion Megas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 25,130 Megas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
People are moving into treehouses in record numbers and Meganium has designated New Bark Town as its capital city. Crime is almost non-existent. Meganium's national animal is the Meganium, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 8 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 14 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 59 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 64 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 80 days ago: Meganium changed its national nation type to "Floral Collar".
- 80 days ago: Meganium altered its national flag.
- 80 days ago: Meganium relocated from Lazarus to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- 80 days ago: Meganium was refounded in Lazarus.
- 83 days ago: Meganium ceased to exist.
- 96 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.