The Floral Collar of Meganium is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 10.023 billion Meganiumians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Spirituality, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Bark Town. The average income tax rate is 69.1%.
The Meganiumian economy, worth 289 trillion Megas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 28,932 Megas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
People are moving into treehouses in record numbers and Meganium has designated New Bark Town as its capital city. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meganium's national animal is the Meganium, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments, Largest Welfare Programs, Largest Populations, Most Politically Free, and Largest Black Market.
- : Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- : Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Meganium fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Meganium changed its national nation type to "Floral Collar".
- : Meganium altered its national flag.