|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Maltropian Puppet Confederacy
The Republic of Meganium is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 4.298 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Commerce and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Bark Town. The average income tax rate is 28%. A very small private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
People are moving into treehouses in record numbers and Meganium has designated New Bark Town as its capital city. Crime is relatively low. Meganium's national animal is the Meganium, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Mega.
Most Recent Government Activity: 35 days ago
- 269 days ago: Meganium altered its national flag.
- 286 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 323 days ago: Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 340 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 1 year 25 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 1 year 34 days ago: Meganium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 year 58 days ago: Meganium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 67 days ago: Meganium was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 1 year 87 days ago: Meganium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 1 year 109 days ago: Meganium relocated from Osiris to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.