“Arise, devour much flesh”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Medes and Persians is a colossal, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of public education, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.988 billion Medes and the Persians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.9%.
The powerhouse Median and Persian economy, worth 316 trillion ribs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 45,272 ribs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 171,116 per year while the poor average 8,333, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Crime is a problem, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Medes and Persians's national animal is the bear, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 10 days ago: Medes and Persians altered its national flag.
- 10 days ago: Medes and Persians changed its national demonym to "Mede and Persian", its demonym adjective to "Median and Persian", and its demonym plural to "Medes and the Persians".
- 10 days ago: Medes and Persians relocated from Balder to Greece.
- 10 days ago: Medes and Persians was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 34 days ago: Medes and Persians ceased to exist.
- 1 year 40 days ago: Medes and Persians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 1 year 56 days ago: Medes and Persians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 1 year 76 days ago: Medes and Persians's influence in Macedonia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 1 year 102 days ago: Medes and Persians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 1 year 140 days ago: Medes and Persians fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Conservative.