The Republic of Mauretania is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Theodore Johnson with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 9.303 billion Mauretanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carpathia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Mauretanian economy, worth 828 trillion Mauretania Rand a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 89,033 Mauretania Rand, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
Hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, bicyclists are banned from major roads, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mauretania's national animal is the Alpine Oryx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Protestant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Republic of Gladiatrixia dismissed Mauretania as Vice-Delegate of Ascendancy.
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Mauretania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Mauretania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Mauretania's influence in Ascendancy fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".