The People's Republic of Matison is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Gene Masseth with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.112 billion Matisonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Education, although Defense and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matison City. The average income tax rate is 2.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Matisonian economy, worth a remarkable 2,338 trillion farks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 145,119 farks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Matison's national animal is the LOLcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 34 days ago: Following new legislation in Matison, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 52 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- 58 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 74 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 76 days ago: Matison fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 88 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 89 days ago: Matison lodged a message on the 42 Douglas Adams Regional Message Board.
- 98 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 98 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 112 days ago: Matison was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.