“The integral of e to the x is f of u sub n!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: the West Pacific
The People's Ambient Technocracy of Mathematania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Calculo Calculi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 18.346 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mathematania City. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The wreckages of bombed planes that litter Mathematania are highly popular tourist destinations, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mathematania's national animal is the rainbow horned toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the cpu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Mathematania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, the wreckages of bombed planes that litter Mathematania are highly popular tourist destinations.
- 5 days ago: Mathematania endorsed The Republic of Fratellnoir.
- 5 days ago: Mathematania was endorsed by The Republic of Fratellnoir.
- 6 days ago: Mathematania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Mathematania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 6 days ago: Mathematania endorsed The Free Republic of Liberillia.
Endorsements Received: 47 » BIteland, Greg Tucker, Todler, The 9 Stars, Southern Eureka, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Kevin Ruddistan, Arctura Dara, Chestaan, Amymnia, Mochaworld, Gorgondollar, Tespa, Moerderreich, Bhang Bhang Duc, Lamebrainia, Thyrall, Coriolis, Ricochet, Thessalian, Karcinoma, Mialandia, New Novak, Otago, Confederate Kentuckiana, All Good People, Danstinople, Yy4u, Prkniland, Wandysland, Khezef, Erration, Wickedly evil people, Punk Reloaded, Yogurtlandia, Esselarkay, Sangha, Raezim, Darkesia, United Congregation, Vampiric Kittens, Earth Technate, Cool Britainna, Aestate, Deepden, Mediobogdum, and Liberillia.