The People's Ambient Technocracy of Mathematania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Calculo Calculi with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 23.78 billion Mathematanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mathematania City. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The Mathematanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,979 trillion cpus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an impressive 125,291 cpus, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime is totally unknown. Mathematania's national animal is the rainbow horned toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mathematania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Mathematania endorsed The Republic of Davelands.
- : Mathematania was endorsed by The Republic of Davelands.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- : Mathematania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, Mathematania's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Kisovec, Antahbrantahstan, Elegarth, Mediobogdum, Atlas Domain, Solachin, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, The people of Tuk Tuk, Sean Talamh, Mirchusko, Wickedly evil people, Xupqeu, Sindria, Abaja, Grillinor, Chestaan, Anzat, Envisa, Toberkuibac, Drachmaland, Majdim, The Great City of Qarth, Illusionist, Ansica, Thessalian, DankDank, Llasa, Denieria, Amymnia, Medwind, Frgave, Boejoe, Seosation, KREFIELD, Consular, OgJoker, Katan Republic Islands, Khandavaprastha, See Islands, Royaume De Roulant, Darkesia, BIteland, Mayor Tweedy, EHWAH, Thaelyn, Yy4u, Empy, Country that eats, Dubraya, and 15 others.Terajaland, Greg Tucker, Big Bad Badger, Fellos, Sinbar, The Nation of Pizza Lovers, Reason and Reality, Jadanese, New Justusia, Domini est terra, Renox, The Disney Union, Oometz, Centennial Hills, and Davelands.