“The integral of e to the x is f of u sub n!”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The People's Ambient Technocracy of Mathematania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Calculo Calculi with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 19.931 billion Mathematanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mathematania City. The average income tax rate is 98%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, cars are banned from built-up areas, Mathematania City spends billions upgrading public transport, and the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Mathematania's national animal is the rainbow horned toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the cpu.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Mathematania endorsed The Federation of Kisovec.
- 22 hours ago: Mathematania was endorsed by The Federation of Kisovec.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, Mathematania City spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Mathematania endorsed The Confederacy of Valsyvir.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Mathematania was endorsed by The Confederacy of Valsyvir.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, cars are banned from built-up areas.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 5 days ago: Mathematania was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.