The People's Ambient Technocracy of Mathematania is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Calculo Calculi with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 20.884 billion Mathematanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mathematania City. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Mathematanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,686 trillion cpus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 80,747 cpus, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime, and the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism. Crime is totally unknown. Mathematania's national animal is the rainbow horned toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 117 minutes ago
- 115 minutes ago: Mathematania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Mathematania was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Mathematania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 4 days ago: Mathematania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, Mathematania's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Mathematania, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Urgabah, Bhang Bhang Duc, Valsyvir, Kisovec, Aestate, Hanifiyyah, Jongy, Antahbrantahstan, Jyzeria, Sunset Realm, Rocknest, Vladimirovich Putin, Ferus Equus, Wobbly, Donstan, Eccelia, New Kakyoin, Atlantis and Stymphalia, Verse Reach, The Lost Ruby, Consular, and Fortytipper.