“Lambda Pi Theta”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Path-breaking Equations of Matheca is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Irina Zovastina with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.054 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dubaya. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, surveillance cameras are banned, and tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matheca's national animal is the Phoenix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Draconia.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Matheca was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 9 days ago: Matheca applied to join the World Assembly.
- 9 days ago: Matheca lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Matheca altered its national flag.
- 9 days ago: Matheca was refounded in Lazarus.
- 49 days ago: Matheca ceased to exist.
- 52 days ago: Matheca was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 58 days ago: Matheca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 74 days ago: Matheca fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 74 days ago: Matheca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.