“No matter how dark the night, the sun will always rise ”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Republic of Marsholm is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Grand Premier Janmaren-Dion with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.126 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of South Port. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Gambling and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Abortions are routinely performed in Marsholm's hospitals, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marsholm's national animal is the Shikant'ana, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Riverwind Polytheism, and its currency is the Slante.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 4 days ago: Marsholm fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 9 days ago: Marsholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Marsholm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: Marsholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: #1).
- 40 days ago: Marsholm fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 42 days ago: Marsholm fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 42 days ago: Marsholm relocated from Osiris to Unknown.
- 42 days ago: Marsholm was refounded in Osiris.
- 57 days ago: Marsholm ceased to exist.
- 63 days ago: Marsholm was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.