The Principality of Marshall G Holdstock is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Marshall G Holdstock with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.019 billion Marshall G Holdstockians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holdstock City. The average income tax rate is 43.2%.
The Marshall G Holdstockian economy, worth 117 trillion pounds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 23,312 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marshall G Holdstock's national animal is the velociraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marshall G Holdstock's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Marshall G Holdstock's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Marshall G Holdstock's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marshall G Holdstock's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Marshall G Holdstock was refounded in Balder.
- : Marshall G Holdstock ceased to exist.
- : Marshall G Holdstock was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Marshall G Holdstock lodged a message on the United Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Marshall G Holdstock was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Marshall G Holdstock, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge.