The Collective Minds of Marsaries is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 13.38 billion Marsariesians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Environment, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marche. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marsariesian economy, worth a remarkable 2,666 trillion Fire Coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 199,274 Fire Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Business owners return from long vacations to find their factories have been turned into homeless shelters, Marsaries's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, and companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Marsaries's national animal is the Ram, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marsaries was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of New Angleterre.
- : Marsaries lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- : Marsaries voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Civilian Aircraft Accord".
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marsaries was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Marsaries, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Otis-T, BearNation, Saint-Sebastian, Emory, The Starlight Lands, Alfoldia, Alabay, Celdonie, Mattrolanka, Discoveria, Iizaarland, Urdustan, Vardria, Sushami, Ki Baratan, Pink Fluffia, Catanthia, and New Angleterre.