The Kingdom of Marrakechia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by King Charly with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 12.964 billion Marrakechians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marrakech. The average income tax rate is 63.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Marrakechian economy, worth 811 trillion Marrakechian Dirhams a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 62,605 Marrakechian Dirhams, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and tourism spikes whenever a major ship or plane is lost at sea. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Marrakechia's national animal is the Atlas Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Religious Tolerant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrakechia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Marrakechia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Marrakechia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Marrakechia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Marrakechia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Marrakechia ceased to exist.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Influential, and Best Weather and the Top 5% for Most Devout and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Marrakechia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".