The Kingdom of Marrakechia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Charly with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 11.726 billion Marrakechians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marrakech. The average income tax rate is 62.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Marrakechian economy, worth 709 trillion Marrakechian Dirhams a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 60,522 Marrakechian Dirhams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in King Charly's bedroom, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Marrakechia's national animal is the Atlas Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Religious Tolerant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrakechia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Marrakechia's influence in European Union rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Marrakechia was endorsed by The Kingdom of BirdIsland.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Marrakechia, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Marrakechia, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities.
- : Marrakechia lodged a message on the European Union Regional Message Board.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest (last census: Top 10%).
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).