The Kingdom of Marrakechia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Charly with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 11.376 billion Marrakechians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marrakech. The average income tax rate is 64.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Marrakechian economy, worth 693 trillion Marrakechian Dirhams a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 60,948 Marrakechian Dirhams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, and photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in King Charly's bedroom. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Marrakechia's national animal is the Atlas Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Religious Tolerant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Marrakechia's influence in European Union fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- 5 days ago: Marrakechia's influence in European Union rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 14 days ago: Marrakechia was endorsed by The Federation of Fremet.
- 33 days ago: Marrakechia lodged a message on the European Union Regional Message Board.
- 63 days ago: Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 63 days ago: Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 87 days ago: Marrakechia was endorsed by Gun-toting animals.
- 93 days ago: Marrakechia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of --the United Kingdom.
- 95 days ago: Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 95 days ago: Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).