The Kingdom of Marrakechia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Charly with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 12.68 billion Marrakechians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marrakech. The average income tax rate is 63.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Marrakechian economy, worth 793 trillion Marrakechian Dirhams a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 62,589 Marrakechian Dirhams, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan, and tourism spikes whenever a major ship or plane is lost at sea. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Marrakechia's national animal is the Atlas Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Religious Tolerant.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrakechia lost the endorsement of The Federal Commonwealth of Pax Aurea.
- : Marrakechia was endorsed by The Empire of --Aleutia--.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marrakechia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of California and Oregon.
- : Marrakechia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Friendly Fire.
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Marrakechia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marrakechia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Marrakechia was endorsed by The Federation of New Huffington.
- : Marrakechia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.