“Sic parvis magna”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.978 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 73%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime is well under control. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Murmel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Marmotien endorsed The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 17 hours ago: Marmotien fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The High Kingdom of Warre.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- 6 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, convicted murderers are free to walk the streets provided they attend rehabilitation classes.
- 7 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Federal Republic of Sauv.
Endorsements Received: 30 (Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Screrefennae, Castanos, Gortagass, Unified Provinces, Beauvoir, Ivernia, Franco-Philia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Kingdom of Germania, Kroinengin, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, United states of Baltic, Kingdom Of Brendkurk, Chiolena, Calacstein, The House of Rothschild, Danworld, Lapidotia, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Uieurnthlaal, Sauv, Warre)