The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 6.607 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 78.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 697 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 105,529 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, Marmotien is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Empire of The Dark Norse.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Union of Celtia Cymru.
- 8 days ago: Marmotien lost the endorsement of The Most Serene Republic of Kauderia.
- 9 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, former school buses now regularly shuttle kids to the nearest shopping centers to work.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, Marmotien is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 10 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 13 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 36 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wombelland, Wartoc, United Dragons, Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Ligenburg, Limanie, Abrutus Etto, Itilium, Northern German Federation, Celtia Cymru, and The Dark Norse.