The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory military service, and smutty television. The compassionate, devout population of 6.017 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Defense isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 76.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 587 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 97,716 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed. Crime is totally unknown. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 3 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Confederacy of Wundaskenael.
- 4 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 4 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- 7 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, extreme political groups are outlawed.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Confederate United America, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, and Wundaskenael.