The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 7.205 billion Marmotienians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 81.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 786 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,174 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Businesses have become paranoid as waves of lawsuits sweep the nation, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Europe.
- : Marmotien endorsed The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Marmotien lost the endorsement of The Sister Provinces of Basque Dominion.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Hitokiri.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Marmotien fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals.
- : Marmotien endorsed The Republic of Polonilandia.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Republic of Bluegoodland.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Prinx, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Fortaleza boss, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, Feux, Polonilandia, Bluegoodland, and Tuccistahn.