The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 6.385 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 658 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,064 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
All guns must be registered, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, and the only places to see Marmots now are at local zoos. Crime is totally unknown. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Principality of The Andorran Nation.
- 4 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 4 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 5 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Empire of Abrutus Etto.
- 5 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Kingdom of Itilium.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the only places to see Marmots now are at local zoos.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, all guns must be registered.
- 9 days ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Kingdom of Itilium.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, Wombelland, Wartoc, United Dragons, Satan Bear, Lonely Star Nation, Forgotton Warriors, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Ligenburg, Limanie, Abrutus Etto, and Itilium.