The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 6.773 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 79.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 719 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,166 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Army uniforms are replaced en masse to accommodate adult soldiers, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing", and sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Marmotien endorsed The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Free Land of Tuccistahn.
- : Marmotien fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing".
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Nova Luna, Wombelland, United Dragons, Limanie, Itilium, Northern German Federation, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Quantum Instability, Fortaleza boss, and Tuccistahn.