The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 8.552 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 80.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 881 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 103,092 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected Marmots, and sections of the police receive paramilitary training. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Average.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Capitalist Republic of Dragao da Luz.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Quiet Observation.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Federation of Mynox.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected Marmots.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Kingdom of Lovisa.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Republic of AirstripZero.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Allenshire.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Vesterheim, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, The Zionward Union, Woschia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saudi Canadia, North of Americas, Kwakwakutlopia, Imperialist German Empire, Dorsendo, MSolandish Empire, Newmere, Sami Abu Hawash, Agrase, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Basque Dominion, Ebin, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, The Blakeley Isles, Cha0sNation, Czechlands, Zifre, AirstripZero, Lovisa, Mynox, and Dragao da Luz.