The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 9.45 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 81.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 971 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 102,855 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the government has organised a nationwide cull of infected Marmots, and sections of the police receive paramilitary training. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Dominion of Singularity of the Will.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Myrenia.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Scientific Powerhouse of Dark Matter.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Largest Governments and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Ahma.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Fossekallen.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The República of Dragao da Luz.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Northern German Federation, Troltovia, Dacian Freelands, Woschia, Saudi Canadia, North of Americas, Dorsendo, Newmere, Agrase, La Jermania, The Lion of Damascus, Basque Dominion, Ebin, Bearhinoland, Cha0sNation, AirstripZero, Lovisa, Mynox, Allisonium, Slavorussia, Union of the north, Templar Republic, Huygevoort, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Silvecia, The Jedi-Zombi Jezus, Fossekallen, Ahma, Dark Matter, Myrenia, and Singularity of the Will.