The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, devout population of 5.852 billion Marmotienians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 74.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 570 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 97,444 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter', the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and major cities are suffering under water rationing. Crime is totally unknown. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 4 days ago: Marmotien was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 5 days ago: Marmotien was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Democratic Colonial Empire of Imperium Anglorum.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter'.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- 8 days ago: Marmotien was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Basque Dominion.
- 8 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Republic of Polonilandia.
- 8 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Incorporated States of Outer Sparta.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Confederate United America, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Prinx, Polonilandia, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, and Imperium Anglorum.