The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 6.97 billion Marmotienians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 79.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marmotienian economy, worth 751 trillion Murmels a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,853 Murmels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Marmotien to be bombproof, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers, and commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Republic of Bluegoodland.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, commercial jingles have been ham-handedly forced into world renowned symphonies.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, commuter vessels have trouble staying afloat due to increased passengers.
- : Following new legislation in Marmotien, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Marmotien endorsed The Empire of Bescherelle.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Marmotien was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Marmotien was endorsed by The Empire of Bescherelle.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Pileusia, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Albertinum, Prinx, Basque Dominion, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Itilium, Northern German Federation, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Fortaleza boss, Tuccistahn, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Bescherelle, and Bluegoodland.