“Sic parvis magna”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Republic of Marmotien is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate population of 5.44 billion Marmotienians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Defence and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murmelhausen. The average income tax rate is 82%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, all footpaths have tollbooths, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marmotien's national animal is the Marmot, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Murmel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, gambling is outlawed.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, the state is footing the bill for billionaires' lawyers.
- 8 days ago: Marmotien fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Marmotien, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- 12 days ago: Marmotien endorsed The Republic of Fotila.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Lexembourg, Alsted, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, The City-State of Vienna, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Short shorts, Foucaults garden, Fenian Provinces, An Clar, Outer Prussia, Norse German Federation, Pileusia, Ecclestia, Confederate United America, Novo Portugal, Tigyland, Zeebstein, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, Termunus, and Fotila.