“Munus splendidum mox explebitur”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Mars
The Queen's State of Markland Battle Harbor is a colossal, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.881 billion Markland Battle Harborians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Commerce. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.
The government is avowedly atheist, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, all tariffs have been abolished, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime is a serious problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Markland Battle Harbor's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Markland Battle Harbor changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 21 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 31 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor relocated from Balder to The Mars.
- 31 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor changed its national nation type to "State".
- 31 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor altered its national flag.
- 31 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor was refounded in Balder.
- 361 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor ceased to exist.
- 1 year 17 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 1 year 31 days ago: Markland Battle Harbor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.