The Zombie Infested State of Mare Nectaris is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the zombies with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.73 billion Nectarisians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luna Urbis. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient a Nectarisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,346 trillion plutonium rods a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 200,002 plutonium rods, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Mare Nectaris's border, the hummingbird is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals. Crime is totally unknown. Mare Nectaris's national animal is the hummingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is undefined.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mare Nectaris was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Mare Nectaris lost the endorsement of The Artistic Island of The State Of Candor.
- : Mare Nectaris fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Mare Nectaris endorsed The Community of Scorlewald.
- : Mare Nectaris fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Mare Nectaris was endorsed by The Community of Scorlewald.
- : Mare Nectaris fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Mare Nectaris's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Mare Nectaris was endorsed by The Artistic Island of The State Of Candor.
- : Mare Nectaris was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Athropia.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Avaerilon, New Differentia, Vancovaria, The Free Domains, Kanoria, Quadrantia, Tyrova, The Golden Mean, Grolsch, Mons Garle, Ceni, North American Republics, The Byrds, Haroutito, AsminoLand, Chameliya, Burchester, Odd Republic, Paxmania, The Nation of Lakota, Darwurilk, Freeland Newworldia, the Wu-Tang-Clan, New Ostlands, Lawattsia, Athropia, and Scorlewald.