The Unified City-States of Maraque is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by HRH King Whirnak Darkaan with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 23.076 billion Tsvarchivans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tærak. The average income tax rate is 2.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Tsvarchivan economy, worth a remarkable 3,325 trillion Tsvarchivan Lakris a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 144,101 Tsvarchivan Lakris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, and the rich are forced to sell their cars to pay for more police to prevent their cars from being stolen. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maraque's national animal is the Tsvarchivan white lioness, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Xanthaiyanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.