The Unified City-States of Maraque is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by HRH King Whirnak Darkaan with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 22.456 billion Tsvarchivans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tærak. The average income tax rate is 2.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Tsvarchivan economy, worth a remarkable 3,216 trillion Tsvarchivan Lakris a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 143,222 Tsvarchivan Lakris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maraque's national animal is the Tsvarchivan white lioness, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Xanthaiyanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 3 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- 7 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed.
- 18 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 39 days ago: Maraque fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 40 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 49 days ago: Maraque fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 55 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 55 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.