|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Unified City-States of Maraque is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by HRH King Whirnak Darkaan with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 21.516 billion Tsvarchivans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tærak. The average income tax rate is 1%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Automobile Manufacturing.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maraque's national animal is the Tsvarchivan white lioness, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Xanthaiyanism, and its currency is the Tsvarchivan Lakri.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Maraque altered its national flag.
- 3 days ago: Maraque relocated from Osiris to Esquarium.
- 3 days ago: Maraque was refounded in Osiris.
- 5 days ago: Maraque ceased to exist.
- 8 days ago: Maraque fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 9 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 30 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 35 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.
- 36 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.