|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Unified City-States of Maraque is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by HRH King Whirnak Darkaan with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, unlimited-speed roads, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 21.776 billion Tsvarchivans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tærak. The average income tax rate is 2.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Tsvarchivan economy, worth a remarkable 3,118 trillion Tsvarchivan Lakris a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 143,222 Tsvarchivan Lakris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maraque's national animal is the Tsvarchivan white lioness, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Xanthaiyanism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Maraque fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 16 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 36 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 43 days ago: Maraque fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 47 days ago: Maraque altered its national flag.
- 47 days ago: Maraque relocated from Osiris to Esquarium.
- 47 days ago: Maraque was refounded in Osiris.
- 49 days ago: Maraque ceased to exist.
- 52 days ago: Maraque fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 53 days ago: Maraque was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.