“the light at the end of the tunnel is hell”
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andre Romell Young CEO with a fair hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 25.475 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, the children of Maniaca are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Monterey Jack.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 6 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Maniaca removed the tag "Invader" from Alcatraz.
- 18 days ago: Maniaca ejected and banned The Theocracy of Inlirmuter from Alcatraz.
- 18 days ago: Maniaca updated the World Factbook entry in Alcatraz.
- 22 days ago: Maniaca abolished the regional flag of Alcatraz.
- 22 days ago: Maniaca withdrew a request for embassies between Alcatraz and The Black Riders.
- 22 days ago: Maniaca ejected and banned The Nomadic Peoples of Tunezeteetro from Alcatraz.
- 29 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 30 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 1%).
- 30 days ago: Maniaca banned The Grand Army of Black Riders Commander from Alcatraz.