“the light at the end of the tunnel is hell”
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andre Romell Young CEO with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 25.889 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Maniacan economy, worth a remarkable 5,207 trillion Monterey Jacks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 201,145 Monterey Jacks, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, the children of Maniaca are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 10 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 40 days ago: Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- 57 days ago: Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- 74 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 81 days ago: Maniaca removed the tag "Invader" from Alcatraz.
- 86 days ago: Maniaca ejected and banned Inlirmuter from Alcatraz.
- 86 days ago: Maniaca updated the World Factbook entry in Alcatraz.
- 90 days ago: Maniaca abolished the regional flag of Alcatraz.
- 90 days ago: Maniaca withdrew a request for embassies between Alcatraz and The Black Riders.