The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Oliver J McKraut with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 27.152 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Maniacan economy, worth a remarkable 5,522 trillion Monterey Jacks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 203,402 Monterey Jacks, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, all recreational drugs are legal, discarded pennies litter the streets, and procrastination is a national sport. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Maniaca is ranked 4th in Alcatraz and 119,568th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 0 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- : Maniaca proposed constructing embassies between Alcatraz and Nasicournia.
- : Maniaca granted posting privileges on the Alcatraz Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- : Maniaca proposed constructing embassies between Alcatraz and Allied States of EuroIslanders.
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, procrastination is a national sport.
- : Maniaca removed regional password protection from Alcatraz.
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, all recreational drugs are legal.