The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Oliver J McKraut with a fair hand, and renowned for its public floggings, prohibition of alcohol, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 27.695 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Maniacan economy, worth a remarkable 5,634 trillion Monterey Jacks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 203,448 Monterey Jacks, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
All recreational drugs are legal, discarded pennies litter the streets, procrastination is a national sport, and the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Recruiter Friendly" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Puppet Storage" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Invader" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca updated the World Factbook entry in Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca abolished the regional flag of Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca banned The Cimmerian Mountain Wolves of Hebarus from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca banned The Kingdom of Fifty Shades of Oy Vey from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca banned The Cimmerian Raider Witch-Queen of Cora II from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca removed Executive and Border Control authority from the WA Delegate The Communist Empire of Kie in Alcatraz.