The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Oliver J McKraut with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 28.15 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Maniacan economy, worth a remarkable 5,709 trillion Monterey Jacks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 202,817 Monterey Jacks, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Procrastination is a national sport, the populace has developed a mortal fear of the woods, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- : Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz rose from "Powerbroker" to "Superpower".
- : Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Recruiter Friendly" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Puppet Storage" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca removed the tag "Invader" from Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca updated the World Factbook entry in Alcatraz.
- : Maniaca abolished the regional flag of Alcatraz.