“the light at the end of the tunnel is hell”
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Andre Romell Young CEO with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 25.267 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, the children of Maniaca are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Monterey Jack.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 7 hours ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 27 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 41 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 45 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 49 days ago: Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 52 days ago: Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- 53 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 53 days ago: Maniaca ejected and banned Osheadaetl from Alcatraz.
- 53 days ago: Maniaca banned Loseasianhoszarr from Alcatraz.