“the light at the end of the tunnel is hell”
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Andre Romell Young CEO with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.742 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Social Welfare and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, the children of Maniaca are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, and surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Monterey Jack.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 4 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 24 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 32 days ago: Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- 33 days ago: Maniaca granted posting privileges on the Alcatraz Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 42 days ago: Maniaca lodged a message on the Alcatraz Regional Message Board.
- 44 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 48 days ago: Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 56 days ago: Maniaca fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 59 days ago: Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".