“When in doubt take from Australia”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Royal Blue Kingdom of Manahakatouki is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Nanino Vigiaro the 2nd with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.413 billion Manahakatoukians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vigiaro's City. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Manahakatoukian economy, worth 920 trillion Poppers a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 97,832 Poppers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Vigiaro's City Times is sold out, large sections of Manahakatouki have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Manahakatouki's national animal is the Grey Fox Hound, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 6 days ago: Manahakatouki was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 7 days ago: Manahakatouki fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 11 days ago: Manahakatouki was refounded in Balder.
- 362 days ago: Manahakatouki ceased to exist.
- 362 days ago: Manahakatouki fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 1 year 7 days ago: Manahakatouki was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 1 year 8 days ago: Manahakatouki was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 1 year 16 days ago: Manahakatouki was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 1 year 25 days ago: Manahakatouki was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 28 days ago: Manahakatouki ceased to exist.