“Acta Non Verba”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Allied States of Mamihlapinatapai is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.826 billion Mamihlapinatapaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haina. The average income tax rate is 88.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Mamihlapinatapaian economy, worth 130 trillion tapis a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 16,679 tapis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, surveillance cameras are banned, and the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists. Crime is totally unknown. Mamihlapinatapai's national animal is the guanaco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Mamihlapinatapai is ranked 43rd in Europe and 4,772nd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 781.85 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 4 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Imperial Crown of Norse German Federation.
- 4 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 4 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 7 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Jenesia.
- 8 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Constitutional Grand Duchy of The City-State of Vienna.
- 8 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Republic of Eurosceptic Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Outer Prussia.
- 9 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Community of Foucaults garden.
- 9 days ago: Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Lexembourg.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Mamihlapinatapai, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.