The Allied States of Mamihlapinatapai is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.086 billion Mamihlapinatapaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haina. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Mamihlapinatapaian economy, worth 218 trillion tapis a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 24,039 tapis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, meat-eating is frowned upon, anti-government web sites are springing up, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown. Mamihlapinatapai's national animal is the guanaco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mamihlapinatapai fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Mamihlapinatapai was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Mamihlapinatapai was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Mamihlapinatapai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in Mamihlapinatapai, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Following new legislation in Mamihlapinatapai, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Mamihlapinatapai lost the endorsement of The City-State of Outer Sparta.
- : Mamihlapinatapai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mamihlapinatapai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Mamihlapinatapai was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Strajalands.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Lexembourg, Foucaults garden, Eurosceptic Citizens, The City-State of Vienna, Jenesia, Alsted, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, Aldland, Imperium Anglorum, Prinx, Wombelland, Fortia, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Fenian Provinces, Tuccistahn, Continental Social Democrats, The Nether Regions, and Strajalands.