The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 20.795 billion Mamelucoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 56.1%.
The large but stagnant Mamelucoan economy, worth 320 trillion mamelucoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 15,433 mamelucoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, artists are pillars of society.
- : Mameluco fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Mameluco was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Pileusia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, The Fair Republic, Estacia, Manupolia, Vice Lands, Troltovia, Kauderia, Tuccistahn, Continental Social Democrats, Woschia, Bescherelle, The Nether Regions, and Strajalands.