The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 20.417 billion Mamelucoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 56.7%.
The large but stagnant Mamelucoan economy, worth 313 trillion mamelucoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 15,339 mamelucoes, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, surveillance cameras are banned, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide, and politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 79 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- 79 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.
- 79 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 10 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Empire of The Dark Norse.
- 12 hours ago: Mameluco endorsed The Union of Celtia Cymru.
- 16 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Union of Celtia Cymru.
- 1 day ago: Mameluco was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Albertinum, Bohomo, Prinx, Hamland, Polonilandia, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Outer Sparta, Basque Dominion, Nerds Geeks and Trolls, Northern German Federation, Wundaskenael, Nova Luna, The Fair Republic, Insula Funchal, Wartoc, United Dragons, Lonely Star Nation, The Lair of the Mothman, Portuguese Explorers, Estacia, Ligenburg, Limanie, Abrutus Etto, Alela, Manupolia, Celtia Cymru, and The Dark Norse.