The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 22.416 billion Mamelucoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 1.2%.
The large but stagnant Mamelucoan economy, worth 322 trillion mamelucoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 14,372 mamelucoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Mameluco was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Mameluco, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Mameluco was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Mameluco endorsed The United Republic of Abalucia.
- : Mameluco endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Quiet Observation.
- : Mameluco endorsed The Capitalist Republic of Dragao da Luz.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, An Clar, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Bohomo, Wombelland, Imperium Anglorum, Basque Dominion, Northern German Federation, The Fair Republic, Estacia, Manupolia, Troltovia, Woschia, The Nether Regions, Strajalands, Polonilandia, Vesterheim, Outer Sparta, Dacian Freelands, Eurosceptic Citizens, Saudi Canadia, Ivernia, Kardjali, Charlesia, North of Americas, Agrase, Fossekallen, Spagna, Imperialist German Empire, The Zionward Union, Kwakwakutlopia, Suissestan, Dorsendo, Newmere, LEGGETT EMPIRE, Ebin, Fortia, and 24 others.Koelle, Alpinovia, The Lion of Damascus, La Jermania, Huygevoort, Cymerra, Albertinum, Mynox, Ayasofya, Jamoea, AirstripZero, Bearhinoland, Zinoquia, Cha0sNation, The Blakeley Isles, Czechlands, Republic of the Goat, Continental Social Democrats, Zifre, Lovisa, Paltensia and Bursh, GijsMr, Dragao da Luz, and Abalucia.