“To be or not to be .......”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 18.9 billion Mamelucoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 53%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Students cut up leftover mamelucoes during Arts and Crafts, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the mameluco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 118 minutes ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, students cut up leftover mamelucoes during Arts and Crafts.
- 4 days ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Empire of Termunus.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, government police forces protect public schools from the threat of protest.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- 11 days ago: Mameluco's influence in Europe rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 13 days ago: Mameluco was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 40 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Beauvoir, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Chiolena, Ascara, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Outer Prussia, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Jon4de85, Veeten Engines, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, Marmiedon, An Clar, Turukelia, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Pantoufle, Daircoill, IB kingdom, Confederate United America, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, and Termunus.