“To be or not to be .......”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.591 billion Mamelucoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 62%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
All guns must be registered, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the mameluco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, all guns must be registered.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 6 days ago: Mameluco endorsed The Social Republic of Wintermountain.
- 6 days ago: Mameluco endorsed The Most Pristine Democracy of Canopytown.
- 9 days ago: Mameluco was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 47 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Nou Occitania, Beauvoir, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Chiolena, Ascara, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Outer Prussia, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Jon4de85, Veeten Engines, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Albertinum, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, The Roman Imperial Republic, Marmiedon, Vanbrugh, Monance, An Clar, Each-Uisge, Turukelia, Athos and Byzantium, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Pantoufle, Novirod, Daircoill, IB kingdom, Confederate United America, Wintermountain, and Canopytown.