“To be or not to be .......”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 19.241 billion Mamelucoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, eminent domain has been abolished, and Dragon is one of the most popular forenames in Mameluco. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the mameluco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 11 hours ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, Dragon is one of the most popular forenames in Mameluco.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, eminent domain has been abolished.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, Max Barry is this year's Miss Mameluco.
- 13 days ago: Mameluco was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Mameluco was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Echo von Cotta, Outer Prussia, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Veeten Engines, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, Marmiedon, An Clar, Norse German Federation, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Confederate United America, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Termunus, Fotila, Axtro-Saxonia, Albertinum, and Bohomo.