“To be or not to be .......”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.948 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 65%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
All footpaths have tollbooths, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and corporations are either above the law or corrupting it. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the mameluco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Principate of The Roman Imperial Republic.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Mameluco was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, corporations are either above the law or corrupting it.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Mameluco endorsed The THE PATRIOTS of South Allegheny.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The THE PATRIOTS of South Allegheny.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, organ donation rates have hit a new low.
- 5 days ago: Mameluco was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 59 (Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Saconian, Escapos, Valrem, Tigyland, Alsacia Lorraine, Lexembourg, An Clar, Nou Occitania, Beauvoir, Gortagass, Flooderai, The City-State of Vienna, Screrefennae, Unified Provinces, Fenian Provinces, Chiolena, Alpha and Delta Pact, Ascara, Franco-Philia, Toongoosia, Castanos, The Kingdom of Germania, Pileusia, Echo von Cotta, Ivernia, Outer Prussia, Nova Res Publica Romanorum, Isle of Kesha, La Nueva Madrid, Ravenstein, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Kingdom Of Brendkurk, United Federation of the World, Calacstein, Blue Pig, The House of Rothschild, Jon4de85, Veeten Engines, Grasaland, Lapidotia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Albertinum, Sauv, Norway and Iceland, FurryFandom, Warre, Camilus, Beristan, South Allegheny, The Roman Imperial Republic)