“To be or not to be .......”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The United States of Mameluco is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Fernando Alonso with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 19.059 billion Mamelucoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matrix City. The average income tax rate is 57%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mameluco's national animal is the dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the mameluco.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 20 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Kingdom of Axtro-Saxonia.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Mameluco was endorsed by The Republic of Fotila.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Mameluco was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Mameluco was ranked #1 in the region for Most Average.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, oil executives can be seen reluctantly cleaning oil-soaked birds.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mameluco, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Mameluco's many privately-owned prisons.
- 13 days ago: Mameluco fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Alsted, Short shorts, Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Stromia, Valrem, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Beauvoir, The City-State of Vienna, Fenian Provinces, Ascara, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, Outer Prussia, Nuweland, The Seven Provinces, Nova Prutenia, Veeten Engines, Grasaland, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Keris, Multatuli, Foucaults garden, Marmiedon, An Clar, Horreum, Norse German Federation, Ecclestia, Pileusia, Daircoill, IB kingdom, Confederate United America, Canopytown, Novo Portugal, Termunus, Fotila, and Axtro-Saxonia.