“From sea to ocean we stand.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Great Isle of Malvad is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor Alistair Minerva with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.228 billion Malvadians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Willow's Grove. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Furniture Restoration and Pizza Delivery.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters, students cut up leftover Modarns during Arts and Crafts, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malvad's national animal is the Sea Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is anything and everything, and its currency is the Modarn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 102 minutes ago: Malvad was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 102 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 10 hours ago: Malvad lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 13 hours ago: Malvad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Landmine Convention"".
- 14 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Deluded Hypocrisy of Wisconsota.
- 18 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Nouis Remackolbis.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, students cut up leftover Modarns during Arts and Crafts.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Queendom of Lunar Felicem.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, councils up and down the country wrangle over legal matters.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Kingdom of Minorus cellus.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Framhaven, Democatic Donkeys, Novare Res, New Absurdistan, Olvern, Alunya, Cornelia, McMasterdonia, HMS Unicorn, Macworld, Mwaoam, Lionia, Selfgradatude, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Conoha, Great Bights Mum, Ceto, New haven america, Mandexia, Kingdom of Valkyron, PC World News, EretzIsrael, Blye, Sheldanada, Urthland, TranSaulvania, Sadakoyama, Flutiestan, Five Bridges, Kephallenias, Tianqing, Camarthen, Pasargad, The Everlasting Starlights, Els Sentra, NamChoSun, Asian Union Pact, Zeroxis, San Martin De Porres, Venezuelia, Maldovania, Sufcok, Varovanjov, Jediahlonia, God n Country n Byron, Espana Japones, Iscadar, Magonia, Falapatorius, and 57 others.Trygg, Eglise Sainte Eve, Elevation, Mewlandia, Fourth, Mingula, BrightFutures, Jefffliu, New Greasbyland, Isimud, Ceretis, Ascenon, Velon, Dzhumabaev, Caish Empire, Boggovia, Abacathea, Absolutam, Temperantia, Former English Colony, Nphyx, Indonesa, United Chinese Republics, Serenite, Cismontana, DRPK, Eumbner, Kevaren, Sasten, 007James Bond, Icrvana, Andromeda Islands, Hapre, Chinstralia, Kialga-Lourti, Chris Hallett, Francovania, Nationalist peoples party, Sirisea, Karazan, The United Capital of Adam, Boadiccea, Megatrade, Cantalupo, Zertazee, Lightless Oblivion, Marsadia, Oxisco, Virtutum Italia, Ice and Flame, Austro-Hungarian federation, Ryanlandania, Finely Unionized Network, Minorus cellus, Lunar Felicem, Nouis Remackolbis, and Wisconsota.