“The Moment is coming.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Day of the Doctor of Malvad is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Doctor with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate population of 3.455 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gallifrey. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Expats return home to a government devoid of social and environmental agencies, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, and Malvad successfully hosted the The North Pacific Olympics. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malvad's national animal is the Tardis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Whovianism, and its currency is the Companion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 96 minutes ago
- 96 minutes ago: Malvad voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Malvad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Malvad endorsed The United Socialist States of The Zhukov Regime.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Zhukov Regime.
- 4 days ago: Malvad was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: Malvad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 7 days ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Schizophrenic Entelechy of Isimud.
- 7 days ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Invisible Pink of HMS Unicorn.
- 7 days ago: Malvad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 8 days ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Confederation of Partambula.
Endorsements Received: 52 » New haven america, Ascenon, Abs123, Avalon, Groovistan, Macworld, Velon, Boggovia, Yaorozu, Casal Centeio, God n Country n Byron, Esponnise, Novare Res, Elevation, Alice Gardens, Blackshear41, Pasargad, United Gojoseon, Former English Colony, Zzzaaa, Herzliyya, McMasterdonia, Sanctarian WA Mission, Enif, Great Bights Mum, Pluxlups, East Antonia, New North Aqmuland, Grosseschnauzer, Democatic Donkeys, Onejoe, Zemnaya Svoboda, Everywheristan, Merconitonitopia, Prumkom, Lucamania, Ator People, Effazio, Emmerian Republic, Bir-Tawil, Mandexia, Finely Unionized Network, Guslantis, HMS Unicorn, Tilling-on-Sea, Zeroxis, Mk Steele, Snoefsnuif, Rukonia, Blue Wolf II, and 2 others.Partambula, and Isimud.