“Freedom to the People”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Malvad is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Interim President Samuel Lourdes with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate population of 5.053 billion Malvadians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Modino Maro. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Furniture Restoration and Pizza Delivery.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, meat-eating is frowned upon, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malvad's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Malvadianism, and its currency is the Modarn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 56 minutes ago
- 72 minutes ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Everlasting Starlights.
- 87 minutes ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Empire of Pasargad.
- 2 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Empire of Imperium Magna Graecia.
- 2 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Democratic Nation of EVOLUTION786.
- 3 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Republic of Camarthen.
- 3 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Tianqing.
- 4 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Federation of Kephallenias.
- 5 hours ago: Malvad voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 5 hours ago: Malvad was endorsed by The Free Land of Five Bridges.
- 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Framhaven, Democatic Donkeys, Novare Res, New Absurdistan, Olvern, Alunya, Cornelia, McMasterdonia, HMS Unicorn, Macworld, Mwaoam, Lionia, Selfgradatude, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Conoha, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Great Bights Mum, Ceto, Eumenor, New haven america, Mandexia, Norway XXVIII, Kingdom of Valkyron, PC World News, EretzIsrael, Blye, Sheldanada, Urthland, TranSaulvania, Sadakoyama, Flutiestan, Five Bridges, Kephallenias, Tianqing, Camarthen, EVOLUTION786, Imperium Magna Graecia, Pasargad, and The Everlasting Starlights.