“Freedom to the People”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Malvad is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Interim President Samuel Lourdes with an iron fist, and notable for its superstitious fear of technology. The compassionate, cynical population of 4.814 billion Malvadians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Modino Maro. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malvad's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Malvadianism, and its currency is the Modarn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 87 minutes ago
- 2 hours ago: Malvad changed its national animal to "Mountain Lion", its currency to "Modarn", and its faith to "Malvadianism".
- 2 hours ago: Malvad changed its national animal to "McMasterdonian Lion", its currency to "Pacific Dollar", its faith to "Flemingovianism", and its leader to "Interim President Samuel Lourdes".
- 3 hours ago: Malvad changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- 4 hours ago: Malvad lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 16 hours ago: Malvad fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- 19 hours ago: Malvad lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malvad, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Malvad resigned from the World Assembly.