The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 11.462 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. The average income tax rate is 1.4%.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,549 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 135,160 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 36 minutes ago: Maltropia changed its national leader to "King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh".
- 36 minutes ago: Maltropia changed its national leader to "King Brendan" and its motto to "Those who walk in shadows will be dragged to the light.".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Scientific Cooperation".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Maltropia, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Maltropia, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 14 days ago: Maltropia agreed to construct embassies between Paradoxia and Eusiycrilia.
- 14 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.