“In ainm Dé”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent medical pandemics, surprisingly youthful workforce, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 11.094 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,504 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 135,601 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Maltropia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Devout.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 13 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 20 days ago: Maltropia agreed to construct embassies between Paradoxia and Argyre.
- 26 days ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 27 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 28 days ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 35 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 37 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 43 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 10%).