The Brute Squad of Maltropia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 12.008 billion Maltropians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. The average income tax rate is 1.0%.
The powerhouse Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,618 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 134,775 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has gained millions of new citizens overnight, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 4 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 4 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 5 days ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Greysteel.
- 5 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act"".
- 6 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".