The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 14.853 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Public Transport aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newmarsh. The average income tax rate is 2.0%.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 2,019 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 135,964 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, voting is voluntary, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Maltropian lands, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maltropia's national animal is the snapping turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Weapons Accord".
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured and Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : Maltropia published "test" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Maltropia changed the regional password in Paradoxia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.