The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 11.303 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,509 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 133,580 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Maltropia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Nocturnalya.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 4 days ago: Maltropia changed the regional password in Paradoxia.
- 4 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- 7 days ago: Maltropia was endorsed by The Imperial Republic of Genesis Era.
- 8 days ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- 8 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.