“In ainm Dé”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Royal Kingdom of Maltropia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.174 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Maltropian Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Maltropia's influence in Paradoxia rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 9 days ago: Maltropia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 12 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Maltropia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 22 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fracking Protocol".
- 25 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 28 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Ethics in International Trade"".
- 29 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Fracking Protocol".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.