The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 11.765 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,566 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,136 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Brasilistan has been announced as the nation's newest colony, the nation has gained millions of new citizens overnight, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Atlas.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia agreed to construct embassies between Paradoxia and Borussia.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Maltropia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 23 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 25 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- 25 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 26 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Svezjacael".
- 30 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn the Pacific".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.