The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 14.536 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Public Transport are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newmarsh. The average income tax rate is 2.0%.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 1,977 trillion Maltropian Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,023 Maltropian Ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, voting is voluntary, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Maltropian lands, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maltropia's national animal is the snapping turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Maltropia changed its national animal to "snapping turtle", its capital to "Newmarsh", and its motto to "Níl mar a shíltear a bhítear, i gcónaí".
- : Maltropia altered its national flag.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.