“In ainm Dé”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 10.501 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Maltropian Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Maltropia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 6 days ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Greysteel.
- 6 days ago: Maltropia changed the regional password in Paradoxia.
- 8 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn General Halcones".
- 10 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
- 10 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The General Patent Charter"".
- 14 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 16 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 17 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn North Korea".