“In ainm Dé”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.968 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Maltropian Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 84 minutes ago
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Maltropia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Maltropia fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 5 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 6 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 6 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Maredoratica.
- 9 days ago: Maltropia withdrew its approval for the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 9 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".