“In ainm Dé”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by King Brendan I with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.208 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Corcaigh Nua. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Arms Manufacturing.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature', 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Maltropia's radio stations, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Maltropia's national animal is the Snapping Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Maltropian Ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Maltropia proposed constructing embassies between Paradoxia and Sondria.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 14 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Rifty".
- 18 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 18 days ago: Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 19 days ago: Maltropia approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 21 days ago: Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
- 22 days ago: Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 25 days ago: Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.