The Dark Lord of Malkir is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Lord Malkir with an even hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, avant-garde cinema, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 9.486 billion Malkirans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Angbad. The average income tax rate is 4.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Malkiran economy, worth a remarkable 1,720 trillion Slaves a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 181,330 Slaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and litter collection has replaced fast food as the most popular after-school job. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult of Melkor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malkir was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Malkir endorsed The Insane Zombie Criminals of Arkam Asylum.
- : Malkir was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Rule of Law".
- : Malkir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Hell".
- : Malkir was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Malkir's influence in Mordor rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Malkir was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Malkir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- : Malkir lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.