The Dark Lord of Malkir is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Dark Lord Malkir with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ritual sacrifices, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.913 billion Malkirans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Angbad. The average income tax rate is 3.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Malkiran economy, worth a remarkable 1,422 trillion Slaves a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 179,773 Slaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Malkir's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, almost all of Malkir's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, and Malkir's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult of Melkor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bitely".
- : Malkir endorsed The Empire of Lothairia.
- : Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- : Malkir was endorsed by The Empire of Lothairia.
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Read the Resolution Act"".
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Minimum Standard of Living Act".
- : Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Malkir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Debris Prevention"".
- : Malkir voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
Endorsements Received: 13 » The Now Society, Flaming Cookie, Terrothum, West Sylvania, Wohlleben, Decomposition, Nyyx, Brenianstan, Cascaedian, Mor a Mordo, The Fing Motherland, The Republic of Figs, and Lothairia.