“Sauron demands our souls”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Dark Lord of Malkir is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Dark Lord Morgoth with an even hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.959 billion Malkirans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Angbad. The average income tax rate is 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
The nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, and the nation is now proudly cholera-free. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is the Cult of Melkor, and its currency is the Slave.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 76 minutes ago: Malkir lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 5 hours ago: Malkir lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 5 hours ago: Malkir updated the World Factbook entry in Mordor.
- 7 hours ago: Malkir rejected a request from The World that Never Was for an embassy with Mordor.
- 7 hours ago: Malkir rejected a request from The International Communist Union for an embassy with Mordor.
- 7 hours ago: Malkir updated the World Factbook entry in Mordor.
- 7 hours ago: Malkir lodged a message on the Mordor Regional Message Board.
- 20 hours ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 hours ago: Malkir's influence in Mordor rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malkir, the nation is now proudly cholera-free.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Evil Lord Sauron, The Now Society, Dieing4me, Gonzlandia, Flaming Cookie, LOLOL-copter, Terrothum, Anarchists Valhalla, West Sylvania, Comorragh, Yorganda, Wohlleben, Decomposition, Nyyx, New United States of South African Kingd, Arkam Asylum, The Neither Lands, Ruttosurma, The Panem Nation, Wolfhogg, Evil Totalitarians and Capitalists, Snakes, Melkor the Dark, Lothairia, Brenianstan, Tyler fur, Boom city, The sliver cross, and Jahmurai.