“Cthulhu demands our souls”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Cthulhudom of Malkir is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Great Cthulhu with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.842 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Kobold's Nest. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
Strategic bombers are being converted into preschools, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training, and agricultural science is the most competitive subject at Malkir's universities. Crime is relatively low. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Cthulhuism, and its currency is the Madness Token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 4 days ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Empire of Caesaris Nationis.
- 5 days ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Slowly Corrupting Island of Saveyou Island.
- 5 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 7 days ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Last Homely House.
- 7 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 12 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 14 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Baked Monstrosity of Flaming Cookie.