The Dark Lord of Malkir is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by The Dark Lord Malkir with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 7.672 billion Malkirans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Angbad. The average income tax rate is 2.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Malkiran economy, worth a remarkable 1,392 trillion Slaves a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 181,513 Slaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Malkir's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, almost all of Malkir's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, and Malkir's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult of Melkor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malkir endorsed The Superpower of The Republic of Figs.
- : Malkir was endorsed by The Superpower of The Republic of Figs.
- : Malkir lodged a message on the Mirkwood Regional Message Board.
- : Malkir agreed to construct embassies between Mordor and The Land of Middle Earth.
- : Malkir agreed to construct embassies between Mordor and Utumno.
- : Malkir agreed to construct embassies between Mordor and Angband.
- : Malkir rejected a request from The Caldonian Union for an embassy with Mordor.
- : Malkir altered its national flag.
- : Malkir voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Freedom Act"".
- : Malkir lodged a message on the One big Island Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 16 » The Now Society, Flaming Cookie, Terrothum, West Sylvania, Wohlleben, Decomposition, Nyyx, Wolfhogg, Brenianstan, Zunpa, Divinus, Cascaedian, Mor a Mordo, The Fing Motherland, Cliffburtonia, and The Republic of Figs.