“Cthulhu demands our souls”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Cthulhudom of Malkir is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Great Cthulhu with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.928 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Kobold's Nest. The average income tax rate is 80%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes. Crime is relatively low. Malkir's national animal is the Human, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Cthulhuism, and its currency is the Madness Token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 19 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Last Homely House.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Malkir fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Malkir was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Manchena.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Malkir, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 26 days ago: Malkir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 29 days ago: Malkir was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Malkir, the tenet of free speech is held dear.