The United Intelligentsia of Malgrave is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Rachel Berry with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 8.696 billion Malgraveans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Epping. The average income tax rate is 97.7%.
The powerhouse Malgravean economy, worth a remarkable 1,301 trillion Malvians a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 149,638 Malvians, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malgrave's national animal is the Otter, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Berryism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Malgrave, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Malgrave was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Malgrave was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Malgrave altered its national flag.
- 9 days ago: Malgrave altered its national flag.
- 10 days ago: Malgrave fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: Malgrave was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Malgrave was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Malgrave, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 16 days ago: Malgrave fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.