The Republic of MaleciaNS is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 10.229 billion MaleciaNSians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 78.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped MaleciaNSian economy, worth 231 trillion Tacoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 22,669 Tacoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
MaleciaNS's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. MaleciaNS's national animal is the wolverine, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : MaleciaNS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : MaleciaNS was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : MaleciaNS fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : MaleciaNS was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- : MaleciaNS was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : MaleciaNS was endorsed by The Protectorate of Paffnia.
- : MaleciaNS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : MaleciaNS was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Ilha Rongo Koa.
- : MaleciaNS was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : MaleciaNS applied to join the World Assembly.