“Sound the Pibroch”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Makem is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Tommy Makem with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.69 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals concentrates mainly on Defence, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaumont. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Makem's many privately-owned prisons, bloodthirsty zealots regularly participate in the Friday Night Stoning of Adulterers, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes. Crime is crippling. Makem's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Free Market.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 8 days ago: Makem lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Makem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Makem, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes.
- 42 days ago: Makem fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 47 days ago: Makem was endorsed by The Kingdom of Silver Minner.
- 48 days ago: Makem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 50 days ago: Makem fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- 57 days ago: Makem was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 63 days ago: Makem fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 64 days ago: Makem was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.