“No Hesitation. No Surrender. No Man Left Behind.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Warsaw Pact
The Great Progressive Nation of Mahopac is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Sean Ramsey with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.822 billion Mahopacians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Welfare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tyche City. The average income tax rate is 46.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Mahopacian economy, worth 194 trillion Soldiuses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,994 Soldiuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, graffiti graces every city's streets, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and re-education centers are being added to most prisons. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Mahopac's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Mahopac is ranked 40th in New Warsaw Pact and 12,799th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 306.1 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Mahopac was endorsed by The Lonely and Forgotten Office of Nullarnish WA Mission.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- 3 days ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, leather-clad individuals can be seen walking their slaves in public parks.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria.
- 4 days ago: Mahopac voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 5 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.