The Great Progressive Nation of Mahopac is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Sean Ramsey with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.323 billion Mahopacians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Welfare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tyche City. The average income tax rate is 50.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Mahopacian economy, worth 236 trillion Soldiuses a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,262 Soldiuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Sean Ramsey's bedroom, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is relatively low. Mahopac's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 10 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 20 days ago: Mahopac fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 25 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 30 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 38 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 41 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 42 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Mahopac, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 45 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Mahopac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).