The Liberal Democracy of Mahopac is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Sean Ramsey with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.964 billion Mahopacians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tyche City. The average income tax rate is 71.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Mahopacian economy, worth 322 trillion Soldiuses a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,267 Soldiuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, torture is illegal, and citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages. Crime is totally unknown. Mahopac's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mahopac was endorsed by The Republic of Chimichangaland.
- : Mahopac was endorsed by The Lonely and Forgotten Office of Nullarnish WA Mission.
- : Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Mahopac was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- : Mahopac was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Mahopac fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Mahopac's influence in New Warsaw Pact rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Mahopac was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Mahopac fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.