“Forever Strong and True”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: The South
The State of Mahaj is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Maharaj with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working population of 10.119 billion Mahajians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, the country is constantly under siege trying to protect soccer moms who've settled in occupied territory (Mahaj has found 5 easter eggs), and refugees from other nations are flocking to Mahaj's border. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Mahaj's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Maahugj Religion, and its currency is the ele.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 16 hours ago
- 2 days ago: Mahaj fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 11 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 21 days ago: Mahaj fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 51 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 57 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 60 days ago: Mahaj fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 62 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.