The State of Mahaj is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Maharaj with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 11.564 billion Mahajians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Mahajian economy, worth a remarkable 1,188 trillion eles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,749 eles, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, the country is constantly under siege trying to protect soccer moms who've settled in occupied territory (Mahaj has found 5 easter eggs), refugees from other nations are flocking to Mahaj's border, and the nation has an international reputation for compassion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mahaj's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Maahugj Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 23 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Mahaj's influence in The South fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 7 days ago: Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 12 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 24 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 34 days ago: Mahaj fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 37 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 45 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 47 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.