The State of Mahaj is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by The Maharaj with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 11.727 billion Mahajians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Mahajian economy, worth a remarkable 1,204 trillion eles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,749 eles, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, the country is constantly under siege trying to protect soccer moms who've settled in occupied territory (Mahaj has found 5 easter eggs), refugees from other nations are flocking to Mahaj's border, and the nation has an international reputation for compassion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mahaj's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Maahugj Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 17 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Mahaj was nominated for a World Assembly Commendation by The Commonwealth of Great Brigantia.
- 26 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 30 days ago: Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 30 days ago: Mahaj's influence in The South fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 34 days ago: Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 39 days ago: Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.