“Forever Strong and True”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The South
The State of Mahaj is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Maharaj with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 8.687 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Vets have been drafted in to help "fix" those who fail the parental license exam, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, the country is constantly under siege trying to protect soccer moms who've settled in occupied territory (Mahaj has found 5 easter eggs), and refugees from other nations are flocking to Mahaj's border. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Mahaj's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Maahugj Religion, and its currency is the ele.
Most Recent Government Activity: 34 minutes ago
- 3 hours ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 6 days ago: Mahaj relocated from The keen hares to The South.
- 6 days ago: Mahaj relocated from The left donkies to The keen hares.
- 6 days ago: Mahaj founded the region The keen hares.
- 6 days ago: Mahaj relocated from The South to The left donkies.
- 6 days ago: Mahaj founded the region The left donkies.
- 8 days ago: Mahaj relocated from Association of the Countries of the Free to The South.
- 8 days ago: Mahaj relocated from The South to Association of the Countries of the Free.
- 8 days ago: Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.