The State of Mahaj is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Maharaj with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 12.498 billion Mahajians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mahar. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Mahajian economy, worth a remarkable 1,281 trillion eles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 102,535 eles, with the richest citizens earning 9.1 times as much as the poorest.
The country is constantly under siege trying to protect soccer moms who've settled in occupied territory (Mahaj has found 5 easter eggs), refugees from other nations are flocking to Mahaj's border, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and The Maharaj is worshipped as a god. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mahaj's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Maahugj Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mahaj's influence in The South rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : Mahaj lodged a message on the The South Regional Message Board.
- : Mahaj was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Mahaj fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Mahaj fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Mahaj altered its national flag.
- : Mahaj relocated from Balder to The South.
- : Mahaj was refounded in Balder.
- : Mahaj ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Mahaj, The Maharaj is worshipped as a god.