The Ethnostate of Magna Batavia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Rijksleider with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 11.731 billion Magna Batavians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rijkshoofdstad Amsterdam. The average income tax rate is 67.5%.
The thriving Magna Batavian economy, worth a remarkable 1,286 trillion Rijksguldens a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 109,673 Rijksguldens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, the national sporting identity is represented by a talking burger and a singing smartphone, and train stations can be 'armful places. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Magna Batavia's national animal is the Rijksadelaar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Magna Batavia altered its national flag.
- : Magna Batavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Magna Batavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Magna Batavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Magna Batavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Magna Batavia's influence in Union of Nationalists fell from "Power" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Magna Batavia's influence in Union of Nationalists rose from "Sprat" to "Power".
- : Magna Batavia relocated from Balder to Union of Nationalists.
- : Magna Batavia was refounded in Balder.
- : Magna Batavia ceased to exist.