The Empire of Macea is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Arnulf with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 4.003 billion Maceans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aachen. The average income tax rate is 93.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Macean economy, worth 341 trillion Ducats a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,383 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Macea's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Macea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Macea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Macea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Macea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 6 days ago: Macea was refounded in Balder.
- 198 days ago: Macea ceased to exist.
- 200 days ago: Macea's influence in The Kings Own rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 204 days ago: Macea's influence in The Kings Own fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 208 days ago: Macea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 210 days ago: Macea fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.