“AO-Free since '013”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Equatoria Founder of Lymantatia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Margaret III with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.499 billion Lymantatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laurentia. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, skateboarding is the only legal way to travel, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lymantatia's national animal is the Laurentian cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 4 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Lymantatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Lymantatia, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Lymantatia, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Lymantatia, skateboarding is the only legal way to travel.
- 8 days ago: Lymantatia changed its national motto to "AO-Free since '013".
- 19 days ago: Lymantatia's influence in Equatoria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 20 days ago: Lymantatia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 29 days ago: Lymantatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 52 days ago: Lymantatia's influence in Equatoria rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 77 days ago: Lymantatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: None.