“A better life is a better life.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
The Equatoria Founder of Lymantatia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Margaret III with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.805 billion Lymantatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laurentia. The average income tax rate is 63%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Arms Manufacturing.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, and the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lymantatia's national animal is the Laurentian cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Lymantatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 12 days ago: Lymantatia's influence in Equatoria fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 12 days ago: Lymantatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 12 days ago: Lymantatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 14 days ago: Lymantatia barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in Equatoria.
- 14 days ago: Lymantatia's influence in Equatoria rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 15 days ago: Lymantatia aborted construction of embassies between Equatoria and The Black Riders.
- 15 days ago: Lymantatia cancelled the closure of embassies between Equatoria and The Remnants of the Mian Empire.
- 15 days ago: Lymantatia cancelled the closure of embassies between Equatoria and The Illuminati.
- 15 days ago: Lymantatia cancelled the closure of embassies between Equatoria and Smiley Faces.
Endorsements Received: None.