“Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Grand Duke Henri with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.016 billion Luxembourgians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luxembourg. The average income tax rate is 70%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Gambling and Woodchip Exports.
The arms industry has been shut down in a surge of pacifism, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, the death penalty has been reintroduced, and the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets. Crime is a serious problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Luxembourg's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicsm, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 1 hour ago
- 17 days ago: Luxembourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 23 days ago: Luxembourg relocated from The Versutian Federation to Capitalist Paradise.
- 27 days ago: Luxembourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 53 days ago: Luxembourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 54 days ago: Luxembourg fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 63 days ago: Luxembourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 103 days ago: Luxembourg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 106 days ago: Following new legislation in Luxembourg, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets.
- 107 days ago: Luxembourg was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 107 days ago: Following new legislation in Luxembourg, the death penalty has been reintroduced.