The Shining Light of Lumierea is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Meo Eos with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 18.304 billion Lumiereans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katiania. The average income tax rate is 14.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lumierean economy, worth a remarkable 3,729 trillion lumieres a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 203,735 lumieres, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious, referenda are banned by law and the Parliament has absolute control of the legislative process, untold millions of lumieres are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is totally unknown. Lumierea's national animal is the Firefly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hylomorphism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens and the Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced, Most Developed, Largest Agricultural Sector, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Smartest Citizens.
- : Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Lumierea, all recreational drugs are legal.