|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Shining Light of Lumierea is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Liza Mawu with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 15.174 billion Lumiereans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Healthcare and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katiania. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the government is phasing in welfare programmes to tackle poverty, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Lumierea's national animal is the Firefly, its national religion is Hylomorphism, and its currency is the lumiere.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 3 days 22 hours ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 18 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 25 days ago: Lumierea was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Insane Asylum Rejects of PureHatred, infecting 1 million survivors.
- 27 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 28 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 29 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 31 days ago: Lumierea altered its national flag.
- 31 days ago: Lumierea was refounded in Lazarus.
- 39 days ago: Lumierea ceased to exist.