|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Shining Light of Lumierea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Meo Eos with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, surprisingly youthful workforce, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 15.555 billion Lumiereans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katiania. The average income tax rate is 6.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lumierean economy, worth a remarkable 2,961 trillion lumieres a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 190,389 lumieres, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the government is phasing in welfare programmes to tackle poverty, highschool principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown. Lumierea's national animal is the Firefly, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Hylomorphism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 14 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 17 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 22 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 45 days ago: Lumierea changed its national leader to "Meo Eos".
- 46 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 52 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 55 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest.
- 60 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 67 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 68 days ago: Lumierea was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.