“A good puzzle always soothes the mind”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Allied Republics
The Puzzling Principality of Luke Triton is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Professor Hershel Layton with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.526 billion Luke Tritonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luke Triton's national animal is the Keat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Hint Coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 4 days ago: Luke Triton fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 6 days ago: Luke Triton fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 7 days ago: Luke Triton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Luke Triton fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 15 days ago: Luke Triton relocated from Balder to The Allied Republics.
- 15 days ago: Luke Triton was refounded in Balder.
- 133 days ago: Luke Triton ceased to exist.
- 139 days ago: Luke Triton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 146 days ago: Luke Triton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 162 days ago: Luke Triton lodged a message on the The Allied Republics Regional Message Board.