The Queen's State of Luis Manny is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its absence of drug laws, suspicion of poets, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.852 billion Luis Mannyians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The very strong Luis Mannyian economy, worth 683 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 45,988 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 445,883 per year while the poor average 228, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the nation's favourite colour is blue (Luis Manny has found 1 easter egg). Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Luis Manny's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luis Manny relocated from Richard to Ancient Lands.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Luis Manny fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Luis Manny's influence in Richard rose from "Minnow" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).