The Queen's State of Luis Manny is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its suspicion of poets, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.104 billion Luis Mannyians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The very strong Luis Mannyian economy, worth 735 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 45,683 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 442,928 per year while the poor average 227, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
A typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and the nation's favourite colour is blue (Luis Manny has found 1 easter egg). Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Luis Manny's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Most Avoided.
- : Luis Manny voted for The Big Tex Department O Justice of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pro-Market and Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens, Highest Crime Rates, and Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Luis Manny's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Luis Manny was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- : Luis Manny's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".