The Very Large Safari Park of Los Santos is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Sam with an iron fist, and renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 23.816 billion Los Santosians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Public Transport, and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Small Village. Income tax is unheard of.
The Los Santosian economy, worth an astonishing 10,001 trillion Planet Sized Wine Gums a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 419,934 Planet Sized Wine Gums, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,642,900 per year while the poor average 73,122, a ratio of 22.5 to 1.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, nudity is frowned upon, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Los Santos's national animal is the Batman, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toastology.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- 19 hours ago: Los Santos agreed to construct embassies between Nintendo and Benevolent Capitalism.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, nudity is frowned upon.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Los Santos voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Bear Arms".
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Los Santos fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Devout.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Los Santos, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
Endorsements Received: None.