The Very Large Safari Park of Los Santos is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Sam with an iron fist, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, national health service, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.403 billion Los Santosians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Small Village. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Los Santosian economy, worth an astonishing 16,140 trillion Planet Sized Wine Gums a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is a breathtaking 611,319 Planet Sized Wine Gums, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,336,987 per year while the poor average 110,503, a ratio of 21.1 to 1.
The hills are alive with the sound of ringtones, the country is preparing for war, the government snoops on private internet connections, and door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Los Santos's national animal is the Batman, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toastology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Los Santos was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, the government snoops on private internet connections.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, the country is preparing for war.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, a proud mining community is considering a rebellion after the Capital officially renamed them 'District XII'.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, children spout "Mata ai ni kurukarane" involuntarily throughout the day.
- : Los Santos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Los Santos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, all guns must be registered.
Endorsements Received: None.